Keep your LAN infrastructure on the cutting edge – and save money
Managed LAN services are particularly beneficial during transition, for example when moving to VoIP or other technologies, or when deploying new LAN equipment. Astranetplus leverages your existing components, such as Cisco and Juniper switches, whenever possible, but replaces outdated parts with state-of-the-art, standardized solutions.
As Astranetplus.com grows, more communications systems will be added. The possibility of additional sites and expansion has been in the future plans of the company. As the demand for Internet connectivity increases, along with the increase in competition, Astranetplus.com will continue to add new services to keep its customer base coming back for more.
Lower costs and higher quality through a professionally managed LAN infrastructure with fixed per-port pricing
SERVER & SYSTEM INSTALLATION
ASTRANETPLUS specializes in the Installation of high quality custom pc's, desktops, workstations, laptops, servers and high performance custom built computers. We emphasize customization over every aspect of each computer, offering personal consulting and support that is becoming quite rare in the industry. Our goal is to provide each client with the best possible computer for their needs and budget.
SOFTWARE INSTALL & SETUP
From the latest games to that new 3D imaging program you had to try out, we will help you get your new software program working the way it should. Cost of software can be included. Please have your discs, product key information and any account credentials readily available.
SETTING UP A CYBERCAFE
CYBER CAFE CHECKLIST
Are you planning to own a cyber cafe? Do you want to improve the quality of service that your customers experience? If your answer is yes, then you are in the right page.
This document will provide information for people aspiring to own cyber cafes in the future with information on what they would require to invest in, so as to deliver what we believe is an acceptable quality of service to their customers. This document will also provide valuable information for existing cyber cafe owners.
Some of the factors to consider are
- Data transfer speed per computer
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Hardware requirement
- Computer speed
- Software applications
- Maintenance procedure
- Cyber Cafe Regulations
- Quality of Service
DATA TRANSFER SPEED
The speed of a cyber cafe network is the most important factor to consider as this can make or mar the business. Some cyber cafe owners buy bandwidth even before determining the number of computers to install on the network. However, it is the other way round; the amount of bandwidth you can afford for your cyber cafe determines the number of computers to be installed. By the way, bandwidth is the amount of data a network can upload or download in a second (measured in kbps or Mbps).
The best point to start is to determine the speed at which each computer in your cyber cafe should operate. Then determine how many computers you want to install, multiply the two and you have your bandwidth. We recommend a minimum bandwidth of 32 kilobits/second (kbps) per computer. Anything higher than this is great for your cyber cafe. If you must compromise, do not go below 16kbps per PC.
Remember a slow network can lead to loss of valuable customers for your cyber cafe. If your cyber cafe is known as a slow cyber cafe people will always leave when they find a better cyber cafe. One way of knowing a good internet cafe, is that customers keep coming back, even when there are many options. If you are a cyber cafe owner and every day, you see new faces (few loyal customers) than you have to turn a new leaf.
Basic Internet Cafe Requirement
This is the most basic requirement for an Internet Cafe as a reference. However, every Internet Cafe or Gaming Center has their special requirement.
- 20 x Client PCs
- 1 x PC to control Clients a.k.a Server
- 1 x 24 ports Switch (or Hub?)
- 1 x Modem with built-in Router because it is easier to have modem with built-in router (broadband modem).
- 1 x Printer – any brand
- 1 x Scanner – any brand
- 20 x USB extender (If only the USB ports are in the back)
Client PCs x 20 units
Minimum specification required to run internet applications, office applications and games. It is important to have the same specification on all the clients system to minimum maintenance job.
- Processor – at least Pentium 4
- 40 GB Hard Disk Drive
- 256MB RAM Memory
- Monitor – 15″ or 17″ or 21″!
- Motherboard – Good brand with integrated sound and VGA but separated AGP card is the best!
- Keyboard & Mouse – Any good brand keyboard and mouse with scroll.
- Speaker or Headphone with Microphone
- 100Mbps Network Card
- CDRW Drive (optional)
- Web Cam (optional)
Software in Clients
Most needed application by customers. It is important to have the same applications on all the clients system to minimum maintenance job.
- Operating System – Windows 98, Windows Me or Windows XP
- Office Suite – Ms Office or OpenOffice.org
- Browser – Internet Explorer, FireFox or Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Reader
- File Compressor – Winzip or WinRar
- Media Player – WinAmp5 and Window Media Player
- Messenger – ICQ, Yahoo, MSN and AOL
- Anti-Virus – Norton AntiVirus or McAffee
- CD Burning Utility – Nero or Alcohol (optional)
- Reboot Restoration Utility – Deepfreeze or Norton GoBack, or Juzt Reboot card (optional). Although it is optional, I think it will reduce almost 95% of internet cafe’s maintenance. Think about it!